This seminar is designed specifically for water-based fire protection system inspectors. It covers basic hydraulic principles, the general design and installation requirements for fire pumps, and acceptance testing. With the basic understanding of fire pumps, the seminar reviews the requirements and procedures for the periodic inspection and testing of fire pump systems. Participants will also learn about the required evaluations and reporting procedures to ensure pump performance in the event of a fire event.
At the conclusion of this seminar, participants should be able to:
- Explain basic hydraulic principles used with fire pumps
- Locate and apply the design, installation, and acceptance test requirements for fire pumps and drivers
- Locate and apply the requirements and procedures for the periodic inspection and testing of fire pumps
- Explain the requirements for the evaluation and reporting of fire pump performance tests.
2.0 Hour CE – Technical
Instructor: Russ Leavitt
This course is approved for:
- FL Fire Protection Contractor 1 & 2
- FL Fire Safety Inspector 1
- Water-Based Inspector
This course requires that a minimum total time of 100 minutes is spent in the coursework. When you are in a lesson, you must complete the video content before you will be permitted to proceed to the next video.