This course is designed for insurance agencies and company personnel who handle workers compensation insurance, as well as for risk managers. This course will address:
- Why workers compensation is a required coverage for employers, the law
- Coverage, and types of markets
- How to save money by controlling risks and controlling the experience mods
- The basics of setting up and implementing a safety program and its effect on workers compensation costs, especially as it helps the small employer.
- How pre- and post-employment practices can help control workers compensation with consideration to also meeting ADA employment requirements.
- Self-insured programs, elements, and the pros and cons of being self-insured, as well as self-insured funds.
1.0 Hour CE – Worker’s Compensation
This course is approved for:
- Fire Protection System Contractor I, II, III, IV, V
- Fire Equipment Class A, B, C, D Licenses