This online discussion utilizes information from the NFPA 10, and the 20th Edition NFPA Fire Protection Handbook Section 11, Chapter 6 and consists of two (2) modules.
This module consists of a review of the following information:
- Key terms related to fire behavior
- Types of portable fire extinguishers, their operation, and the importance of matching extinguishers to hazards (classes of fire)
- Review of historical case studies
- Overview of chemical processes related to fire extinguisher operation
- Statutory requirements for contractors and permittees
4.0 Hour CE – Technical
Instructor: Mark Goldfeder
This course is approved for:
- FEP – Portables
This course requires that a minimum total time of 200 minutes is spent in the coursework. When you are in a lesson, you must complete the video content before you will be permitted to proceed to the next video.