This course will focus on the relationship between NFPA 13R and the Building Code.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the progression of breezeway/ corridor protection as it relates to NFPA 13R and the building code
- Identify the changes to allowable building height because of the massive fire (1/21/2015 Edgewater New Jersey)
- Understand the concept of mixed occupancies and how they relate to use of NFPA 13 and NFPA 13R.
- Indicate the changes made to NFPA 13R in regards to the scope of the document
- Identify conclusions and changes brought about by the 2016 NFPA 13R workshop.
- Understand the height and area table rules from the IBC that pertain to NFPA 13R.
- Identify major upcoming changes to NFPA 13R.
1.5 Hours Continuing Education
Instructor: Pete Schwab
This course requires that a minimum total time of 90 minutes is spent in the course work.