Description: Understanding the scope of Chapter 14 of NFPA 25 and how to verify the internal condition of water-based fire protection systems. Participants will learn to identify the types of internal obstructions, the required frequencies for assessments and investigations as well as warning signs of corrosion.
Audience: ITM technicians, AHJs, Facility management, building engineers, Insurance professionals
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this class, participants will be able to:
- Plan and conduct Internal assessments, obstruction investigations and ice obstructions in fire protection system piping.
- Determine required frequencies
- Identify alternate, non-invasive performance options
- Identify types of corrosion and their causes.
- Discuss the impacts of corrosion on fire protection systems
1.5 Hours Continuing Education
Instructor: Bob Caputo
This course is approved for the following:
- Fire Protection Contractors 1 & 2
- Water Based Inspectors